What is a root canal treatment? – Root Canal Treatment Cost Delhi
The third or innermost layer of the tooth is called the pulp. The pulp contains nerves and blood vessels that carry the pain sensation from the tooth. When the tooth is damaged and the decay reaches the pulp, it leads to immense pain. If not treated on time, the infection may spread around the tooth and lead to pus formation. The surrounding bone can also be affected due to the pus accumulation leading to tooth mobility.
Root canal treatment or popularly known as RCT, is the process of eliminating the source of infection. The pulp space is cleaned and disinfected with the help of special instruments and medicines. Our RCT experts at Smayate Dental Clinic Delhi, under the supervision of our chief dentist, Dr. Madhumani Kumra, are proficient in performing all kinds of root canal treatments. Root canal treatment is painless and safe to save the natural tooth.
In the information provided below, we will briefly discuss the benefits, types, and procedures of root canal treatment- brought to you by Smayate Dental Clinic Delhi.
Benefits of RCT – Root Canal Treatment Cost Delhi
- Prevent infection from spreading to the surrounding areas
- Ease the symptoms of pain associated with the involved tooth
- Reduce the risk of damage to the supporting tissues of the teeth and jawbone.
- Eliminates the need for tooth extraction
Types of Root canal treatment
Based on the number of visits
Single visit RCT- completed in one sitting
Multiple visit RCT- completed in two or more visits
Based on the type of instruments
Hand file RCT- uses hand instruments to clean the infected pulp space
Rotary RCT- uses motor-driven instruments
Factors affecting the cost
- The type of root canal treatment
- The severity of the case
- The complexity of root canal anatomy
- The number of visits
- The material and the kind of armamentarium used
The procedure of RCT – Root Canal Treatment Cost Delhi
- The first and foremost step is the clinical examination and radiographic analysis of your tooth. At Smayate Dental Clinic Delhi, our chief dentist Dr. Madhumani Kumra will examine your tooth to formulate a customized treatment plan.
- Based on the diagnosis, the type of RCT and the number of visits are decided for the root canal treatment.
- Once the plan is ready, the tooth is anesthetized to make it numb
- A small hole is drilled into the tooth to gain access to the pulp space
- The infected pulp is removed, and the pulp space is cleaned thoroughly
- After cleaning and disinfection, the pulp space is filled with an inert material to prevent reinfection
How long does a root canal take?
The time duration for a root canal treatment varies from case to case. On average, a typical RCT procedure takes 45 to 60 mins. If there is a severe infection or the tooth’s anatomy is complex, this duration may vary from person to person. Each tooth is unique, and every case requires proper planning.