Now that we understand what is tartar on teeth? We know that it is better and easier to prevent it from forming in the first place. So, how to do that? Look below:
• Use teeth whitening strips if your teeth have the disposition to get discoloured. This will ensure no staining and prevent plaque from turning to stained brown tartar.
• Drink tea to reduce the bacteria accumulation in your mouth. Those who do not drink tea can use a mouthwash that has tea in it.
• Do not forget to floss. Dental flossing is the proper way to get rid of plaque build-up and subsequent tartar build-up. Flossing regularly will make you forget what is tartar on teeth, forever!
• Prevent food items that stain your teeth. A few things such as coffee, wine, and even the habit of smoking can elevate the problem of teeth tartar.
• Be mindful of the sugar intake. Sugar is not just bad for fitness, and it even takes a toll on your dental health. The bacteria that create teeth tartar thrives on sugary food. So, after all, what is tartar on teeth? It is just a common dental problem that can be treated at home.